About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

2/15/12

2/2/2012 The Keyhole Project @ 1st Thursdays at the Orlando Museum of Art

Three of my visionary paintings were featured in the exhibit "From Robots to Warlocks: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Art in the 21st Century", 1st Thursdays at the Orlando Museum of Art. A nice crowd of art patrons turned out for this event that also featured live music and exotic dance performances.  I was pleasently pleased with the focus being on the art and the engagement of interesting and stimulating conversation. I had the opportunity to spend the morning touring the OMA's excellent permanent collection.  The towering Dale Chiluly in the rotunda, created specifically for this site, is absolutely stunning.  I also visited the Morse Museum and scouted painting locations for the upcoming Winter Park Paint Out.