About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

10/12/11

9/23,24,25,2011 Thornebrook Art Festival

This one is my favorite art festival for all the reasons an artist does one -
great  location, visitors, support, and sales!  I had the opportunity to display 18 new works for the first time that were part of a plein air series painted this summer on locations all over North Florida. This is my 6th year in the show and it keeps getting better every year.  I've done the other street festivals in Gainesville but neither has the cool and relaxed feel of this show which winds around the covered walkways, paths and patios of the garden areas within the shops of Thornebrook.  Anchoring the show is art festival sponsor Thornebrook Gallery celebrating its 30th anniversary and featuring an awesome show of works by Trish Beckham.

The show, in its 28th year, is produced by the Gainesville Fine Arts Association who also produce Gainesville's other premier art festival in the spring at the Town of Tioga, Feb 24,25&26, 2012.