About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

3/15/11

3/12/11 Painting All Out!

The Thomas Ceneter Paint Out gains good press coverage with a nice color picture on the cover of the G'ville Sun, local page Sunday, featuring Angela Hoppe and Aliye Cullu.  We had a couple hundred people come through and enjoy a Saturday in the park watching 13 artists creating live paintings with a range of styles, palettes and mediums in the beautiful setting of the gardens.  Graig Hardin with Fred and Kathy Figueroa put some bluesy country music in the air for everyone to groove on.  Joanne delighted our taste buds and tummies with her culinary magic. So grateful that some of our visitors were so generous to buy our works!  Check out the photos and my painting from the day, "Tangerine Glow". 

It is a very rewarding experience to create opportunities to promote and sell the works of other artists.  I feel blessed and I am grateful for our wonderfully inspiring and supportive art community.