About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

2/25/14

Starry Night 2013

This was my 7th year as part of the annual showcase for space and astronomy at the Florida Museum of Natural History. The attendees are mainly university faculty and students, families with young children, and space nerds of my generation. A good group all, these folks who, like me, are always looking up to the cosmos for inspiration.  There was a large crowd inside because the telescope portion outside had to be cancelled because of the weather. So my paintings at least gave the attendees some stars to look at!  When a person's face lights up with amazement and even disbelief at something I have created, it causes me to have a deeper understanding, respect and gratitude for the work that I have been given to do.