About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

2/25/14

"Into the Night" Oct - Nov @ Melrose Bay Art Gallery

From mid Oct to mid Nov, the Melrose Bay Art Gallery featured a showcase for a series of my nocturne paintings.  I filled the front room and green galleries with 34 paintings, each taking the viewer on a different path into the world of the night sky. This artist is grateful for such a wonderful opportunity to share my passion for astronomy, space and the landscape under the moon and stars. The reception was held, appropriately, at night, during the Melrose Art Walk which always sees a good turnout for the five galleries in town. The themed work was represented ideally in this setting and under the hot lights of the gallery. I was happy that so many friends and supporters attended the event.

I've been a member of the Melrose Gallery for 3+ years now and it was nice to hear so many folk's comments about the good progress of my work. The gallery, its artist members and the patrons of the community have been very supportive and encouraging to me and I am grateful for all of their kind help and generosity.

Melrose Bay Art Gallery 103 State Road 26, Melrose, FL (352) 475-3866 www.melrosebayartgallery.com