About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

3/15/11

3 / 7-10 Trinity Prep Plein Air Workshop, Winter Park

As part of their visiting artist series, the patrons of the arts at Trinity Preparatory School hosted me for a week of art classes with the focus on teaching plein air basics to 39 students.  The highlight was 2 consecutive sunset paint outs, and getting to work alongside Latvian artist Irina Ashcraft.  A very rewarding experience!