About Me

My photo
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Astronomy themes, landscapes and public art are some of the targets of my work. These are the best of times as we stand on the threshold of unprecedented discovery in space. As a space artist, I am grateful for and inspired by the amazing images of faraway places that the great telescopes of our generation have given us. As a plein air painter, I am inspired to quickly capture light, color and movement with the focus on our rapidly changing environment. As an artist within the live public art venue I am inspired by the opportunity for creativity, spontaneity and exchange.

1/13/11

The Keyhole Project Venues 1/1/11

The Keyhole Project opens this first month of the new year through a variety of media and venues.  Eighteen of the visionary artworks, with the NASA photos that inspired them, are on exhibit this month at the Hippodrome Gallery and during Artwalk, Fri Jan 28, 7 - 10 pm.  There will be a special multi-media presentation, hosted by the Alachua Astronomy Club on Tues Feb 8, 7 pm at the Florida Museum Of Natural History, UF Cultural Plaza.  On the Internet, visit thekeyholeproject.blogspot.com and come back often to see the release of new images, an exciting multi-media presentation and to read my musings about a project that has been my obsession for the last 7 years.  An art book and prints will be available soon.